Skin Care with Ulta Beauty

Skin Care with Ulta Beauty

Hey Loves,

You know they say a flawless makeup routine starts with a great skin routine. I have been very open with my struggle with my skin, but I have finally found a skin routine that works for me. Now that Ulta has their 21 day sale going on, I scooped up a couple of my favorite skin care products.  I wash my face twice a day. My morning routine is super important for me because I like my face to feel healthy and fresh even if I’m not wearing makeup. I haven’t always been the one for top notch skin care, but in the last few months since doing my month water challenges, my skin care routine has definitely catapulted up my priority list. Check out my Skin Care with Ulta Beauty 21 Day Sale

My first face wash came to me as a surprise it’s the La Roche-Posay Toleraine Purifying Foaming Cleanser. This is my 2nd bottle of this stuff because I literally use it twice a day every day.. I use this every morning and evening (even if I not wearing makeup) Paired with my Clarisonic Mia 2, it’s perfect for my oily skin, removes any excess makeup left behind and doesn’t dry out my skin.

Skin Care with Ulta Beauty 21 Day Sale

A new product I’m adding to my morning routine is Enzyme Cleansing Gel from Mario Badescu. Mario Badescu has quickly become one of my favorite skin care brands. This face wash is something new for me because it’s a non-foaming face wash. I’m so use to have a face full of subs. So it’s nice to have something that is simple and easy on the skin. The Enzyme Cleansing Gel helps my skin feel refreshed and also doesn’t leave my skin feeling stripped and dried out. I may have oily skin, but I don’t want my skin feeling like it’s void of moisture. Because it’s not foaming cleanser, I don’t have to use my Clarisonic, so I drop a little bit on my hands to make sure when I’m done my face is beyond clean. Also it SMELL AMAZING!!!!

Skin Care with Ulta Beauty 21 Day Sale

Best thing!!! For Ulta’s 21-Day sale The Enzyme Cleansing Gel is ONLY $7 for the 8oz. bottle. I promise that is more than enough even with everyday use.

After I have cleansed my face, I pat my face dry with a towel. Patting it dry instead of rubbing it, I find helps my skin from getting over irritated. I follow up with witch hazel to tone and set the PH balance. I like to use Dickinson’s brands because it’s super inexpensive and lasts forever.

Skin Care with Ulta Beauty 21 Day Sale

For my moisturizer I use Jojoba Oil. I know it seems odd for an oily girl to use oil on her face, however since using Jojoba Oil, applying my makeup has been super easy and my face doesn’t get too oily throw out the day. Why? I realized my face gets oily only when it feels void of oils. Using Jojoba Oil daily keeps my skin hydrated so it doesn’t have overcompensate. Best choice I’ve made for my skin.

Skin Care with Ulta Beauty 21 Day Sale

Shop my skin care favorites online here!

Let me know what are your favorite skin care products. See you in my next post.

xoxo

Shay

18 Comments

• Shainna
      September 8, 2017 / 3:50 pm

I’m working hard to get it there. Thanks!

1. September 8, 2017 / 3:39 pm

This post was perfect timing since I’m looking for a new facial cleanser. I have dry/oily patches on my face and also sensitive skin so it can be a challenge. I’ll look into these cleansers and the Jojoba oil. Thanks!

• Shainna
      September 8, 2017 / 3:50 pm

I think you would LOVE the Enzyme Cleansing Gel it’s perfect for all skin types.

2. September 10, 2017 / 12:22 am

That seems a good cleanse, you have a glowing skin… I moisturizer and sunblock

• September 10, 2017 / 12:24 am

*I love moisturizer and sunblock, sorry for the correction 🙂

3. September 10, 2017 / 12:24 pm

Thanks for sharing! I recently switched products and feel like the new ones are causing me to have greater breakouts. I’m going to keep investigating until I find what works

4. Nikia
    September 10, 2017 / 6:01 pm

I never used any of these products but my skin seems to change every season. So for the fall/winter, I’ll definitely look to get samples of these products to try them out.

5. September 11, 2017 / 1:32 am

Hi Shay,

I saw you tweeting about wordpress and I thought you might be interested in my new plugin WP Social Traffic PRO just for $2.

You can get 100% FREE Fully AUTOMATED traffic from Facebook to any webite you want!
    Trust me! 100% REAL Visitors on AUTOPILOT…

See how it works https://goo.gl/SDwiKV

Keep making great stuff!

6. Kiwi
    September 11, 2017 / 3:28 am

Your blog is cute. I am happy this worked for you and I want to be an owner of a Clarasonic Mia 2!

7. September 11, 2017 / 9:09 am

I have to give that cleanser a try! Your skin looks really good, I wonder how it would work with my Foreo!

8. September 11, 2017 / 10:00 am

Your skin looks absolutely amazing! My facial routine is fairly simply…I use a charcoal cleanser, followed by astringent and a moisturizer.

9. September 11, 2017 / 2:54 pm

Your skin is gorgeous! I’m a big fan of witch hazel too. I love that it’s a natural toner option.

10. September 11, 2017 / 6:09 pm

Thanks for sharing your routine. I need to check out the Ulta 21-day sale. I never thought of using Jojoba Oil for a moisturizer.

11. September 12, 2017 / 12:25 am

I actually have been meaning to get a brush like that. Thank you for reminding me. My pores need it!

12. September 12, 2017 / 12:44 am

Well if it’s good enough for Pharell Williams…lol.
    I usually stick to coco or shea butter.

13. September 21, 2017 / 11:49 am

Skincare is everything! When folks come to me for beauty recommendations, I always start with the skin first. Finding a routine that works for you is of primo importance!

14. September 23, 2017 / 9:45 am

Its like you read my thoughts! You seem to know a lot approximately this,
    like you wrote the ebook in it or something. I think that you just
    could do with some % to drive the message home a bit,
    but other than that, that is great blog. An excellent read.
    I’ll certainly be back.