What do plus size women want?12:10 PM
I'll probably get A LOT of flack for this, but this proves what I've been saying all along. As you all know Tess Holiday as broken major barriers as the 1st size 22 model to be signed to a major modeling agency. I am here for all that is Tess. She is absolutely gorgeous, she's inspirational, and is take the world by storm. She recently posed for Monif C. And what I find so interesting, is that the same women that say they wish brands would use models over a size 16/18 are the same ones bashing Tess & Monif.
The comments were disgusting, all of which were coming from other plus size women. I have said this time & time again, plus size women need to take responsibility for ourselves & our industry. This not say that our world is all unicorns & gumdrops. We don't live in a Utopian society, not everyone will like the same things, not everyone will agree with the same fashion choices. But that is just fine, but there doesn't need to be the negative back & forth.
- How is it we say they want to see women on the larger side of plus, but when we do, we don't like it?
- How can we say that we want brands to push the envelope with plus size fashion, and offer it above a size 16/18 but then they do, we bash them?
- How can we expect the best from the brands who cater to us, but then drag them through the mud, because their vision is outside our own personal aesthetic?
- Some say not Tess needs to be in long flowy pants, but how many times have women complained that we don't want to be covered up because we're big?
- Some say oh this isn't flattering on her tess. But in the same breath say wear what makes you feel beautiful.
- Some say she needs to not show her legs at all. But then get mad when brands don't offer enough the same cute stuff the straight size women have.
Read some of the comments for yourself Here.
But look at the comments for the same exact outfit on a size 18 models Here
If it's not your cup of tea, then so be it. But the woman that is a size 22 that wants to purchase this look probably will because they see it on Tess. and the size 18 girl will probably but it because they see it on Olivia (pictured above)
I'm confused. I guess i need someone to explain to me.